News Oct 13, 2011
Belarusian grace Liubov Cherkashina not acting for the sake of winning.
She declared herself was in full caliber at a time when the RG platform, was seemed reigned by supreme Alina Kabaeva. However, real recognition came to the Belarusian grace in "the reign" is another Russian star - Beijing Olympic champion Evgenia Kanaeva. Moreover, at the European Championships 2011 final even managed to beat Kanaeva on a pedestal and to prove the truth of the old as the hills - undefeated in the sport does not happen.
At the recent World Cup in France in Montpellier, where the judge again gave first place to Kanaeva, Cherkashina were satisfied getting for "bronze" in the exercise with the ball and "silver" in the team competition. Most important - the Belarusian artist managed to win a license for the 2012 Olympics. Game in London will show whether the forces of Belarusian could win the Olympic "gold".
- Liubov, how do you rate your performance at the World Championships in Montpellier?
- In general I am satisfied. The only thing was very upset that because of some two-tenths of points was only fourth in the all-around. But on the other hand, it will stimulate on further working. Of course, gymnastics- a subjective sport. But I am confident that we can fight with any competitors, and the Russians too. As Eugenia Kanaeva is not a robot, and she is same human, like all of us, and so she too can make mistakes. In addition, we stand out from representatives of other countries with our trademark style. And this is our advantage.
- Qualification for the 2012 Olympics you have already won. In your opinion, what you can expect at the Games in London?
- Four years ago I would have said so: "At the Olympics necessarily to win a medal." But with experience I know: do not throw words, you just need to go to your goal and achieve it. In London to fight for the awards will be very difficult. In the third place in the individual exercise - not to mention the first - the strongest aim to seventeen gymnasts in the world. And they all deserved to be in principle on a pedestal.
- You were so long in the shadow of other Belarusian athletes, in particular, Inna Zhukova. What helped you to continue to train, go to the goal without dropping hands? After all, many with whom you started, have already left the sport ...
- One of the newspapers once wrote that Cherkashina would leave gymnastics after the Olympics in London. Somewhat strange to read - in fact I myself still do not even think. Refering to the first part of the question, then, believe me, I did not get hurt that was for so many years to plow, so I finally started to "be noticed" by the judge and I began to gain medals at the European and world championships.
Most important - I achieved it. And now I am on carpet is not for the sake of winning, and to give the new entry athletes motivation to do gymnastics. In my example, they see what can be achieved if we continue to work hard. . And, of course, simply want to please the audience, fans who supported for me. By the way, a Japanese flew to the World Cup in France, specifically support our team. That is to say, our fan. He sat on the podium with the Belarusian flag and rooting only for us.
- I wonder which of the gymnastic items for you the most insidious?
- Now they're all the same. But when it was first, the most "tricky" for me was a tape. It seemed to me far too long and terribly naughty.
- Head coach of Russian national Irina Viner believes that it is time to act in competition with several objects. How do you feel about this idea?
- In training for better coordination and we are currently working, for example, hoop and ribbon at the same time. And in shows is a common practice. But the demonstrations - all the same show. Introduce "mnogostanochnye" combinations in the official competition, in my opinion, still not worth it. Because then you have to do less complex programs, constantly collecting items on the site.
In my opinion, if that's the change in the gym, so this play Olympic medals in individual events, not only in all-around. Then one of the exercises athlete could take a chance by performing a unique element. And so we have no room for error, because at stake is only one set of medals.
-You have a very beautiful and romantic name - Liubov (means Love). It somehow affects your life?
- When I was introduced at the competition, all around smiling, wherever she ever compete. Love is translated into any language in the world. In Italy, for example, a married couple are so pleased with my name, they decided to use the name for their daughter.
- Your most dedicated love in your life - gymnastics too?
- In the gymnastics, I implement myself, I find in it inspiration for the development to move forward. But my most dedicated love, of course, to the spouse. . But, alas, in the hall I spend more time than at home.
- Your husband is probably the nature of gold, if he puts up with this situation?
- With my husband I am really lucky. In the past, football player, he knows what life is like an athlete. Always meets me after training, and when I get tired, never asks for something to do around the house. In addition, he likes to cook and often treats me dinner ...